Welcome to our blog!! Thanks for checking out our journey with 7 crazy kids, including one named Spencer who has achondroplasia, the most commom form of dwarfism. Here you'll find my personal ramblings on raising a child with a physical disability, thoughts on motherhood and faith.



Join us in the chaos if you dare.....


**You can also follow me on my money saving blog-Nine on a Nickel. Join in the money saving fun at www.nineonanickel.blogspot.com and on Facebook at www.facebook.com/nineonanickel

Tuesday, June 16, 2009

All about us!

Here I am posting my first blog post ever! I figure I'd better introduce my awesome family first! I'm Bri, a stay at home, homeschooling mom with 5 kids and married to the love of my life Scott. Scott sells insurance and is a sports fanatic! Our kids are Jake-9, Genna and Grace-7, Jordan-5 and Spencer born 12/31/08. Scott also has 3 kids-Bethany, Jared and Jason who are all grown up! We are one big family who loves our crazy life!!!

We just found out that our son Spencer has achondroplasia, the most common form of dwarfism. The shortened name for his condition is achon. It's pronounced "akon", yeah like the rapper-LOL!!

This blog is dedicated to our journey through achondroplasia.

I've learned alot in the last two weeks about this thing called achondroplasia. And I've found that God has provided me with an amazing peace about Spence's condition.

I know one thing Spencer may have a little body, but this kid has one BIG personality!!!

More about our crazy family coming soon!!!

16 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you've started a blog. I have met so many wonderful parents since starting my own. I hope that you've had some time to check out my blog as well as the long list of other LP blogging parents on mine. I look forward to following your story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Katie sent me your way! I'm Melissa stay at home mom to 3 girls, Zoe -7, Akela -4 and our "little" one Sonya is 17 months. Sonya has Osteogenesis Imperfecta type 3/4, aka Brittle Bones Disease, a type of dwarfism. Welcome to our little blogging community! I look for ward to reading more about your wonderful family! Your kids are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    Katie told me about your blog! I'm Alex, mom of 2 beautiful girls: Samantha (average size) who is 5 and Anaïs (achondroplasia) who just turned 1.
    Check out my blog:
    http://loveisallyouneed-4.blogspot.com/
    I am adding your blog to my blogroll, hope that's ok. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your Blog Bri! I especially am loving your attitude. Spence & all your kids are blessed with a wonderful Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you Bri! I'm Emily, and my son Seamus is almost 4 and has achondroplasia as well. I also have a daughter named Grace who is 2. Our blog is camengafamily.blogspot.com. Looking foward to reading more about your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Nice to meet you, Bri. I'm Lee and my son Alfred, 20 months and has achondroplasia. I'm looking forward to read more story about your family. Do come visit our blog ya!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Bri! What a beautiful family! I have a daughter, Taylor, who is 5 and son Trace, who is 3 and has achon. I'm looking forward to reading more about your family! Our blog is http://tayandtracersbigday.blogspot.com, stop by if you have a minute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you! I am going to add you to my blog roll if that is ok! My son Preston is 3 1/2 with achon. Our blog is www.monkeyandmommyraab.blogspot.com
    Looking forward to meeting you and hearing all about Spencer!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hiya nice to meet you. I have 2 kid, Leo is 7 (AH) and Fern is 3 (achon). we are in the UK. am looking forward to getting to know you. I have yet to start a blog..never seem to find the time>

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Bri! Katie sent me your way. I'm going to add you to my blog list, if you don't mind. My son, Simon, is 22 months old and has an undiagnosed bent bone dysplasia, and we have Baby #2 due in September.
    You have a beautiful family! I look forward to reading more about your family! Our blog is http://www.greeneadventures.blogspot.com/.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bri! You have a beautiful family. I have 2 sons: Daniel, age 3 (AH- "average height") and Jake, age 20 months (achon). Both POLP and the blogs have been a huge resource and support for us. Welcome to our blogging family!
    Jane
    PS -- where do you live? We live in southern Ca

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Bri and welcome to our "little" family. I'm Laura a stay at home mom to Audrey(5 AH) and Nathan(17mo Achon). You have a beautiful family and can't wait to read more. You can visit us at www.nathanedwardwolf.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. HI bri, my name is Rosie and I'm a mother to four beautiful girl. My youngest is destiny hope and she is 1 year old. And she has achon. Welcome to the blogging world. I myself just stared also. I will at you to my blod list. You call also check out my blog. http//.babydestinyhope.blogspot.com Hope to hear from you soon rosie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hey Bri,

    We are thinking of and praying for you guys daily. Heard Spencer had his spinal surgery. Wendy said all went well.

    I love that you started a blog. It will probably be great therapy for you. Every time I write out my thoughts and feelings I am able to put them all in order!! Plus it's a great way to keep track of all those fantastic things our kids do!! Speaking of which, Maia is missing Grace and Genna desperately. She keeps telling me how she needs to write to them. I think she feels bad because it's been so long since she's written!!

    Look forward to hearing your updates!!

    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Bri - When was Spencer born? Seems like he is close in age to our Tessa (9 monsth achon). We near DC. Looking forward to reading more about Spencer. He is a cutie.

    -Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sarah! Just saw your comment, sorry! Spencer was born 12/31/08. Are you on Facebook? There is a great support system there!!

    ReplyDelete